LOWONGAN UNICEF: Youth Network Coordinator (28 Oktober 2020)
Are you ready to use your talents to make the world a better place for Children?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you. We seek dynamic candidate for the following position:
VACANCY REFERENCE: 20-044 (To apply please click on the Job Number: 535257)
Title : National Consultant: Youth Network Coordinator
Duty Station : Jakarta (Jakarta: Office-based and home-based work)
Type of Contract : Individual Consultant - Special Service Agreement
Duration : 1 November 2020 – 15 October 2021 (11.5 months)
Posting date : 16 October 2020
UNICEF Indonesia is seeking to recruit a Youth Network Coordinator to work in the Communication section, who will be responsible for managing the creation and expansion of a U-Report-linked youth network. U-Report is an online engagement tool developed by UNICEF where young people voice their opinions regarding the issues that matter to them, and to create positive change in their communities.
UNICEF Indonesia currently has over 200,000 U-Reporters throughout Indonesia, over 80 per cent of them aged under 19. U-Reporters sign up through SMS, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and LINE to take part in periodic polls and consultations on issues they care about. Their feedback and contributions are then shared with decision-makers to influence national and local government’s policymaking, services and programmes, including UNICEF programming. Over recent months, UNICEF has seen that there is a core of U-Reporters who are keen to get more involved as active citizens and advocates. Acknowledging young people’s desire and right to make meaningful contributions to their communities, UNICEF aims to create a network bringing together selected young people across the country and engage them through a civic engagement journey where they can have regular online and offline (only if situation allows during COVID19 pandemic) opportunities to take action and realize their ideas.
The aim of creating a youth network is to empower young people through relevant skill-building activities to: understand the social well-being issues affecting them and their communities; speak up on various platforms and make their voices heard in decision-making; and take action by getting involved in the identification, design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of solutions to issues affecting them and their communities.
- Plan and facilitate the creation of a volunteer community, including a core team of youth advisory members, who represent the rest of the community members, by utilizing U-Report and other UNICEF channels.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the advisory youth members where various engagement activities and opportunities will be discussed and agreed. Activities include webinars, conferences, trainings and workshops and public events at local, regional, national and global levels as well as opportunities to be part of UNICEF’s programme planning, development and evaluation.
- Develop a workplan of overall activities to be shared and tracked across the clusters, and ensure that activity deliverables are provided on time and on budget; ensure the efficient management of the network, including timely follow-up and monitoring of the all activities; work with and coordinate with UNICEF’s Youth and Adolescent Development Specialist and Focal Points in each programme section across the office to ensure the meaningful engagement of young people across all activities.
- Contribute and support the Country Office’s approach and strategies on systematic engagement of young people in programming, planning, M&E and research.
- Plan, create and maintain an online members forum (such as a website or other digital platform) which enables discussion, sharing experiences and action of young people in the volunteer community. Ensure active online engagement of community members by managing the forum optimally.
- Engage with internal and external partners including government officials, civil society partners, youth-led organizations and other UN agencies on adolescent and youth issues by attending relevant meetings (e.g. IAYND) and explore and identify opportunities to promote the meaningful civic engagement of the volunteer community.
- Develop and implement the community’s expansion plan and sustainability strategy through consultations with the advisory members, the community members and various partners.
- Contribute to maintain U-Report’s social media channels by crowdsourcing digital contents from young people while ensuring the contents are in line with UNICEF and U-Report brand guidelines and suggested health protocol (during COVID-19 pandemic).
- Support online polling through U-Report platform by developing questionnaire flow in the RapidPro, the backend system, and generating the analyzed results (with further in-depth analysis if necessary).
- Strengthen knowledge management by documenting lessons learnt and good practices on the adolescent and youth civic engagement and participation initiatives.
- Provide general support for Communications activities and events, when necessary.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in youth development, education, communication, international relations, social sciences, or any relevant field.
- Minimum three of professional work experience in working with young people including community building and/or digital communication.
- Background/familiarity with development and child rights issues and/or emergencies is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies as follow:
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
- Nurtures, leads and manages people
Tags : Bilik Karir
- Bonar Situmorang
- Jakarta Selatan