Conservation International Job Vacancy: Coalition For Sustainable Livelihood Lead, Medan – North Sumatra
Working in 30+ countries globally, (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in ;
To facilitate and support the integration of activities across each strategic level – initiative, provincial, and district/landscape – a recommended governance structure was designed through a collaborative working group process (structure captured in Figure 1). Key to this governance structure’s operation is the CSL Secretariat, composed of 4 roles: Program Lead, Program Manager, North Sumatra Manager, and Aceh Manager. The Secretariat will provide the day-to-day support necessary to build and advance CSL, with strategic guidance from the Interim Steering Group (which will be replaced by an Advisory Council) and as informed by insights and decisions from working groups, members, and participants.
- Provide overall leadership and management of the CSL Secretariat to support day-to-day operations, growth, and development of the CSL.
- Lead management of CSL’s platform, membership, and participants and organization of meetings and workshops to maintain connectivity across CSL’s operating levels
- Manage relationships and effective collaboration with CSL’s Advisory Council, District Coordinators, District Advisory Groups, and CSL members.
- Manage Secretariat budget to ensure initiative level activities are executed on time and in budget (initially in collaboration with host organization finance team)
- Lead overall communications and outreach strategy for CSL.
- Lead engagement with relevant government agencies and actively participate in other relevant platforms at the provincial and national level to understand their priorities and needs and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Facilitate processes that enable the private sector, government, and civil society to identify common goals and objectives shared between respective policies, initiatives, and investments.
- Facilitate processes to develop collaborative strategies and plans to achieve mutually agreed goals and objectives.
- Increase exposure, awareness, and support for CSL, recruiting members and participants to engage and support CSL’s activities across all operating levels. This may include speaking and outreach at conferences, knowledge exchange meetings/workshops, and sharing lessons learned.
- Lead engagement with partners at the regional and district level, including the private sector and civil society.
- Develop and drive a stakeholder engagement and outreach strategy, as it relates to CSL’s Phase 3 work plan
- Lead establishment of CSL’s Advisory Council and recruit individuals to join.
- Build and facilitate ongoing collaboration and coordination across CSL’s NGO implementing agencies to ensure clarity in roles, expectations, expected costs, and budgets in the implementation of CSL’s phase 3 work plan and beyond.
- Lead development and implementation of annual work plans.
- Where appropriate, implement standardized CSL Growth Due Diligence Process and guide the CSL Manager and consultants in research and data collection, stakeholder mapping, supplemental information collection, and summary reports. 5. Development and Fundraising for a sustainable finance model
- Lead engagement with government, financial sector, and commodity buyers to position CSL as a mechanism to deliver investment-ready projects that can deliver policy, finance, and supply chain outcomes.
- In collaboration with secretariat host organization and members of the Advisory Council, secure financial support to deliver activities across CSL’s Phase 3 work plan and lead fundraising activities such as donor engagement and recruitment, proposal development and contract , and reporting.
- Develop a long-term funding model to sustain CSL’s Secretariat as well as support and grow ongoing provincial and district/landscape level activities.
- Coordinate closely with district/landscape leads to ensure plans, priorities, and timelines are captured through strategic fundraising models.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or second degree in agriculture, rural development, environmental management, conservation, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of experience working in sustainable agriculture, commodity supply chain management, environmental management, conservation, livelihoods, or rural development or related fields, with an emphasis on multi-stakeholder initiatives, participatory processes, and government engagement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of agricultural commodity supply chains and commodity production systems for crops and commodities relevant to N. Sumatra and Aceh.
- Understanding of Indonesia’s evolving sustainable land use, climate and carbon policies, and emerging climate finance opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, fundraising, and donor management, and preparing donor/project reports.
- Experience working in conservation or international development and working with bilateral agencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, strong organizational ability, and willingness to work on own initiative
- Must be willing to travel domestically (regularly) and internationally (occasionally)
- Knowledge and expertise of Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible to work in Indonesia
- Written and oral fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- List additional required or preferred qualifications specific to the position.
- Deep knowledge and expertise related to key production sectors relevant to North Sumatra and Aceh (oil palm, coffee, cacao, rubber, etc).
- Experience in managing complex multi-stakeholders’ program and good interpersonal skills
- Strong management experience.
- Direct experience and networks in N. Sumatra and Aceh.
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to: email@example.com
Tags : Bilik Karir