Social Impact Job Vacancy: Research Assistant for Data Collection and Analysis, Jakarta – Indonesia
Short Term Technical Assistance
- Project: Developmental Evaluation for USAID Jalin
- Position Title: Research Assistant for Data Collection and Analysis
Social Impact Inc. (SI) leads a Developmental Evaluation (DE) of USAID Jalin, a maternal and newborn health (MNH) project. The DE is a three-year innovative process that provides learning and adaptive management support to USAID Jalin, and USAID/Indonesia to design and adapt programming.
The DE will provide support for the Ministry of Health (MOH) Family Health Directorate (KESGA) to conduct monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of national programs supported by USAID. Activities will include monitoring of the implementation of the Maternal and Perinatal Death Notification (MPDN) digital application.
The DE seeks a consultant to support data collection and analysis for a study of the implementation of MPDN. The consultant will work closely with the DE team, including the Research Associate to whom they will report, and the Senior Technical Specialist to whom they will coordinate on related tasks.
- In close consultation and collaboration with DE team members, the consultant will support the DE with the following MPDN assessment tasks:
- Conduct assessments of MPDN implementation, utilization, and integration with other reporting systems in accordance with the developed protocol.
- Support quantitative and qualitative data collection (e.g. deployment of an electronic survey and key informant interviews (KII)).
- Prepare and analyze data quantitative and qualitative data.
- Support the preparation of presentations and/or reports by providing initial findings and recommendation through reviews of existing data, data from the survey and KIIs.
- Conduct additional tasks to support the DE team that emerge during the consultancy period.
The Research Assistant for Data Collection and Analysis will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Clean, and analyze MPDN survey data.
- Clean, organize and analyze MPDN qualitative data using thematic analysis.
- Draft reports and presentations based on initial findings of MPDN implementation and include initial findings conclusions and recommendations to improve MPDN utilization and compliance.
Period of Performance
The period of performance for this consultancy is from March – May 2021. No travel is anticipated for this assignment, and the consultant is expected to adhere to any social distancing and other precautions associated with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) put in place by Social Impact, Inc., the Government of Indonesia, and USAID.
Level of Effort
The anticipated level of effort (LOE) for this position is 45 workdays with a five-day work week scheduled as follows:
- March 2021: 20 days LOE
- April 2021: 20 days LOE
- May 2021: 5 days LOE
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in MNH surveillance and data management
- A degree in a Public Health, Biostatistics or Health System Information is preferred
- Experience managing maternal and health data
- Experience supporting research or evaluation and conducting interviews with health officials
- Expert on conducting quantitative analysis using R, SPSS, excel, other quantitative software
- Experience using information systems and technology is preferred
- Familiarity with the Indonesian MOH’s reporting data, ideally through previous work experience related to the MOH data management and surveillance is preferred
- Fluency in English is preferred
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply, click here
Tags : Bilik Karir
- Bonar Situmorang
- Jakarta Selatan