BETTER WORK JOB VACANCIES 2023
Work is a unique partnership between the UN’s International Labour Organization
(ILO) and the World Bank Group’s International Finance Corporation (IFC).
Launched in 2007, the programme aims to improve compliance with labour
standards and competitiveness in global supply chains. Better Work involves the
development of both global tools and country level projects. The focus is on
developing scalable and sustainable solutions, which build cooperation between
government, employer and worker organizations, and international buyers.
Improving compliance with labour standards in global supply chains is an
important part of a pro-poor development strategy. Ensuring workers’ rights and
entitlements are protected helps to distribute the benefits of trade.
Work supports enterprises in implementing the ILO core international labour
standards and national labour law and improve the dialogue between workers and
employers. This helps enterprises compete in global markets where many buyers
demand compliance with labour standards from their suppliers.
achieve its goal, Better Work Indonesia provide advisory, assessment and
training services to factories and work with ILO stakeholders to support them
in building their capacity to fulfill their role.
Indonesia, the core services (advisory, assessment and training) is exclusively
implemented by Kemitraan Kerja, a national foundation who established in
Indonesia since 2016. While the works with stakeholders will continue with the
position involves providing professional advisory, assessment and training.
He/She is conducting independent enterprise level assessments against labor
standards and provisioning enterprise level consultancy services to support
remediation and enterprise improvement through facilitate dialogue between
workers and employers.
The Enterprise Advisor works under direct coordination of the Enterprise Advisors Team Leader. Guidance and advice on technical or procedural aspects of the work are received as required. Judgment, initiative and creativity are required in translating project tools and approaches at the enterprise level. The work product is controlled by the Team Leader for technical soundness and appropriateness.
This position is for Indonesian Nationals only, based in Jakarta area.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Independently conduct enterprise assessment of labour standards and management systems at the enterprise level;
- Provide technical advice and input to the factories, with facilitation technique, to improve working conditions and social dialogue;
- Produce high standard reports in English and Bahasa Indonesia on
- assessments findings,
- recommendations for improvement,
- enterprise improvement plans and
- progress reports on implementation; under supervision of the assigned peers or Team Leaders.
- Participate to the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy, research agenda and knowledge management strategy, and project progress report;
- Contribute to the financial sustainability strategy of the project including encouraging the participation of enterprises in project activities, a strong outcome focus, and effective time management of consultancy services
Required Qualifications and Experience
level university degree in human resource management, business management,
adult education, international development, law or other relevant fields, or
equivalent in experience
- At least 4 (four) years of professional experience in a capacity building role.
- Familiar with factory environment, and/or exposure to the Indonesian garment industry is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the Indonesian labor law and regulations;
- Understanding of enterprise level human resource, production and quality systems;
- Good understanding of corporate social responsibility and labour compliance issues in global supply chains;
- Ability to monitor the effectiveness of training and capacity building initiatives undertaken by partner organizations/consultants;
- Good understanding of principles of gender equality and principles of equal opportunity and how these can be promoted as part the responsibilities of the post;
- Excellent command of English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken
- Good analytical skills;
- Good communications skills, both oral and written;
- Good group facilitation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and capacity to deliver a range of remediation training and capacity building initiatives including classroom-based training activities for improvement purposes. Experience in industrial relations and building of social dialogue between management and worker representatives at the workplace an advantage;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in an outcomes-based work culture as well as contributing to the work of a team; and
- Capacity to sensitively liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including staff, donors, international buyers, government officials, management, unions and NGOs.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender sensitive and nondiscriminatory behavior and attitudes.
APPLICATION CONTACT AND DETAILS TO APPLY
Written Examination and Interview – Prospective candidates will be required to sit in a written examination and take part in an interview.
of Competencies – All applicants must fill in and submit the Statement of
Competencies (template is attached). The statement should explain to the
selection committee how your skills and experience show you have the relevant
competencies. Applicants who do not attach this statement will not be
considered for the interview.
applicants, a qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Only qualified
candidates will be notified. Please submit a resume and a cover letter
describing relevant academic and employment experience, the names and contact
information for three (3) professional references, monthly salary expectations
and the Statement of Competencies to: email@example.com no later
than 20 Juni 2023. Early submission of qualified CVs will be prioritized.
Tags : Bilik Karir