Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or . CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
You will work with the Program Manager to lead disaster risk reduction (DRR) project activities implementation on the ground, at the community level, and in collaboration with Local Government Units of Tangerang and Bogor Districts and other relevant stakeholders. You will be responsible for coordinating activities, including oversight of project activities, training facilitation, monitoring of timelines, and delivery of project outputs. The project is designed to leverage existing CRS and partner programming and approaches to expand interventions in the sectors of disaster risk reduction policy and practice, shelter, and settlements, and economic recovery and market systems. This will include implementing and adapting CRS’ methodology for community-led disaster risk management (CLDRM) and Savings and Internal Lending Community (SILC), providing technical support to partners, government staff, target communities, and households. Your service and community relations skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Design, lead and facilitate community mobilization events, including training; establishment or reactivation of community DRR forums; development and implementation of community & household risk reduction plans; awareness events; community drills; establishment of SILC groups; periodic meetings at district, and sub-district and community level.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to strengthen the community interest, involvement, and support networks.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure the full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, vulnerable groups, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per the established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor the capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Lead the contextualization of the existing guidelines and training modules, as required, to be rolled out through capacity-building events (pieces of training, workshops, sessions) for target groups.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Graduate degree in development, social science, or related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the technical area of DRR, including Community-led Disaster Risk Management (CLDRM), preferably working in an international NGO. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Knowledge of Indonesia’s DRM system, policies, and stakeholders.
- Experience in participatory action planning, facilitation, and community mobilization and engagement.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with digital risk mapping and ICT4D is an advantage.
- Required Languages – Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia; Basic written and oral English is a plus.
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time in Greater Jakarta.
- Duty Station – This position will be based in Jakarta. However, in the event of a disaster where CRS launches an emergency response, all CRS staff will be required to support the response and may be deployed to the response areas as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with the ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness in executing and assigning responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Excellent understanding of local NGOs and government systems, with knowledge and appreciation of the vision and mission of CRS
- Acceptance of cultural differences among the target communities.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and are used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
CRS encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability, all recruitment practices and procedures reflect CRS’s commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse.
Only applications that meet the above qualifications will be shortlisted. All applications and CVs should be sent by email to CRS Indonesia at Indonesia_HR@crs.org before or by May 20th, 2023 with the Job Code and Applicant Name in the subject.
Tags : Bilik Karir