MANAGING RISK THROUGH ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (MRED) IN INDONESIA:
Palu, Central Sulawesi
Program Coordinator (PC) – MRED
General Position Summary
- Together with Program Manager, develop a working knowledge of the MRED Program and project progress, challenges, and accomplishments based on a review of project documents including MRED Strategy, Operational Plan, quarterly reports, strategy documents, annual work plans for Years 2 – 3, and project budgets.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with project teams and assistants. Provide oversight, and direction, and ensure coordination of project teams to implement annual work plans and deliver high-impact results. Ensure that all activities are being executed, are fully budgeted, and are funded
- Developing in-depth knowledge and understanding of local-level issues, programs, and resources related to CCA and DRR, including the activities of local government agencies, private sector businesses, NGOs and community groups, other development programs, etc.
- Facilitate support and capacity building to communities to:
- Identify and develop detailed DRR and mitigation implementation plans and execute the plans.
- Identify available community-based Early Warning Systems and facilitate their development.
- Identify and execute any opportunity to improve the DRR governance system.
- Identify capacity gaps and facilitate capacity-building activities for BPBDs at the provincial and particularly at the district level. The capacity building will include but not be limited to:
- Disaster management committee governance
- Early Warning System
- First aid
- Disasters’ simulation and action planning
- Awareness raising around DRR (through media or community events).
- Review/develop of CBDRR Training Manual and facilitate endorsement from the BPBD.
- Monitor and assess implementation progress, identify barriers and constraints, and work collaboratively with teams to devise solutions.
- Facilitate team planning and assessment meetings to assure sound integration across work streams and achieve cross-learning.
- Maintain and strengthen a high-functioning and collaborative working relationship with partners
- Identify key programmatic and management issues, engage with the Management Team and senior staff, and develop sound responses and positions.
- Manage the flow of information and communications with the MRED team including project reporting, communications materials, branding, and success stories, monitoring and evaluation, and budget execution.
- Interact with all relevant stakeholders, with emphasis on major government partner institutions.
- Five to seven years of proven experience with DRR, with a focus on CBDRM policy issues with International NGOs or governments. In addition to DRR experience, experience on livelihood will be an added value
- Bachelor’s degree and /or master’s degree in Disaster Management, Social Community, Economic Agriculture, or other relevant fields of study
- Have experience managing budgets
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in program management and implementation within an INGO or relative environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing, and editing.
- The ability and desire to grow individually and professionally.
- Demonstrated experience building highly motivated teams.
- Considerable experience in developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tact and diplomacy. Problem-solving and conflict management
- Strong analytic and excellent writing skills
- Ability to work with diverse group
Equal Employment Opportunity
Safeguarding & Ethics
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Tags : Bilik Karir