· Konservasi Indonesia is a national foundation established to support sustainable development in the country. We are the main partner of Conservation International in Indonesia. For more information, please visit: www.konservasi-id.org
· We envision a healthy and prosperous Indonesia where biodiversity is valued and preserved. With offices and project sites across Indonesia, we promote a sustainable landscape-seascape approach and establish partnerships with multiple stakeholders across sectors and jurisdictions to deliver lasting impacts for people and nature in Indonesia.
· As we are constantly expanding, we are currently hiring to fill the following position for our office in Medan:
· Coalition for Sustainable Livelihoods Lead
· (Code: CSL-Lead)
· The Coalition for Sustainable Livelihoods (CSL) is a place-based platform aimed at aligning initiatives, financing opportunities and local, governmental, and market interests to collectively drive livelihood gains for farming communities, economic development, and improved natural resource management. CSL’s efforts are focused in Aceh and North Sumatra provinces and are developed with partners and processes aimed at enabling replication as appropriate.
· Alignment and action are achieved through targeted engagement and specified activities coordinated across three levels – CSL platform, provincial, and district/landscape. As a platform, CSL convenes stakeholders from across sectors to focus on the advancement of shared goals and impacts and government endorsed sustainable development plans in Aceh and North Sumatra by facilitating shared knowledge and learning opportunities among stakeholders. CSL is currently seeking a Program Lead for the CSL Secretariat. The Program Lead will lead implementation of the CSL strategy and plans, lead communications and outreach across CSL members and stakeholders (including government, private sector and civil society), facilitate linkage with relevant government agencies and initiatives, and coordinate and collaborate with other jurisdictional & landscape initiatives. We are seeking a leader who is energized about engaging a broad group of stakeholders – both international and local – public and private partners – to share solutions to achieve mutual goals for livelihoods and conservation. We are looking for a self-starter who can effectively drive decisions and processes for successful outcomes of the CSL platform.
· The CSL Secretariat will be hosted within Konservasi Indonesia (KI).
· KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Platform Management: Stakeholder engagement, communications, and event planning
- Organize and facilitate quarterly platform meetings with CSL’s Steering Committee, creating preparatory materials, presentations and quarterly reports, as well as sending monthly email updates to partners in both English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Oversee CSL-supported events, working with CSL members and partners to develop strategic agendas, coordinate logistics and lead/coordinate participant outreach for dialogues, exchanges, meetings, workshops, and the Annual Network Meeting, to create engaging opportunities for international and local stakeholders to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Lead overall communications and outreach strategy for CSL, cultivating new stakeholder relationships and managing existing partner relationships.
- Maintain external communications, including reporting annual platform progress, maintaining CSL’s bilingual website and supporting CSL outreach via presentations, panels and other communications channels to promote CSL activities and member contributions.
- Manage Secretariat budget and workplan to ensure platform-level activities are executed on time and in budget (initially in collaboration with host organization finance team)
- Enabling alignment and collective action:
- Lead engagement with relevant government agencies and actively participate in other relevant platforms in the provincial and national level to understand their priorities and needs and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Facilitate processes that enable private sector, government, and civil society to identify common goals and objectives shared between respective policies, initiatives and investments.
- Facilitate processes to develop collaborative strategies and plans to achieve mutually agreed goals and objectives.
- Engagement and recruitment of new members and participants:
- Increase exposure, awareness, and support for CSL, recruiting members and participants to engage and support CSL’s activities across all operating levels. This may include speaking and outreach at conferences, knowledge exchange meetings/workshops, and sharing lessons learned.
- Lead engagement with partners in the regional and district level, including private sector and civil society.
- Develop and drive a stakeholder engagement and outreach strategy, as it relates to CSL’s workplan.
- Lead establishment of CSL’s Steering Committee and recruit companies and other members to join.
- Development & Implementation of CSL plans
- Build and facilitate ongoing collaboration and coordination across CSL’s NGO members to ensure clarity in roles, expectations, expected costs, and budgets in implementation of CSL-supported activities in the annual workplan and beyond.
- Lead development of annual workplans and budgets. Fundraise support for annual workplans through CSL membership.
- Development and Fundraising for a sustainable finance model
- Lead engagement with government, financial sector, and commodity buyers to position CSL as a mechanism to deliver investment ready projects that can deliver policy, finance and supply chain outcomes.
- In collaboration with secretariat host organization and members of the Steering Committee secure financial support to deliver activities across CSL’s annual workplan and lead fundraising activities such as donor engagement and recruitment, proposal development and contract agreements, and reporting.
- Develop long-term funding model to sustain CSL’s Secretariat as well as support and grow ongoing provincial and district/landscape level activities.
- Coordinate closely with district/landscape leads to ensure plans, priorities, and timelines are captured through strategic fundraising models.
· ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with KI team members and other personnel relevance to ensure the successful reach of goal, objective, output, and outcome targeted of KI portfolios.
· PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Selected candidate will lead the CSL Platform and will work very closely with CSL Steering Committee, local partners and local government offices.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or secondary degree with preference for communications, economics or sustainable development background
- Self-motivated, strong organizational ability, and willingness to work on own initiative to drive programmatic decisions
- Minimum 5-10 years leadership experience driving multi-stakeholder programs or initiatives, with strong leadership, social, and communication skills
- Strong collaborator, with demonstrated experience leading outreach and communications with international, private sector, civil society, and government stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to create compelling presentations and maintain frequent email and in-person communications in English and Bahasa Indonesia that speak to a wide range of stakeholders (I.e. both international and local)
- Knowledge and understanding of agricultural commodity supply chains and commodity production systems for crops and commodities relevant to N. Sumatra and Aceh.
- Understanding of Indonesia’s evolving sustainable land use, climate and carbon policies and emerging climate finance opportunities.
- Strong project management, fundraising, donor management, and reporting experience
- Experience working in conservation or international development and working with bilateral agencies
- Must be willing to travel domestically (regularly) and internationally (occasionally)
· ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A people person who is energized by bringing different stakeholders together to realize a common goal
- Knowledge and expertise related to key production sectors relevant to North Sumatra and Aceh (oil palm, coffee, cacao, rubber, etc).
- Experience in managing complex multi-stakeholders’ program and good interpersonal skills
- Strong management experience.
- Direct experience and networks in N. Sumatra and Aceh.
- Working together and working in team.
- Personal communication capabilities.
· Please send your current resume, cover letter and portfolio to:
· Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mail with this format:
· < CSL-Lead > – < your name >
· Closing date for the application is May 21, 2023
· (Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
Sumber: Konservasi Indonesia
Sumber: Konservasi Indonesia
Tags : Bilik Karir