o enable and facilitate development of
human resource capacity in the Indonesian SIAP Project by establishing and
operationalising fire management Klasters in targeted rural districts in
Indonesia. This includes an accelerated programme of training and skills
transfer to Klaster members and operational fire management resources. The SIAP
project is a ground breaking endeavour whereby SIAP Project partners
(Government of Indonesia, UN Environment and Kishugu) have the opportunity to
lay the foundations of a fundamental collaboration and IFM mind shift change in
Indonesia. The Project Manager will be key in managing the project planning,
implementation, coordination and monitoring and evaluation.
Due to the many similarities of
environmental, socio-economic and political dynamics in Indonesia, having sound
knowledge of the international best practice as manifested in the South African
models are paramount. This will be combined with building knowledge on Indonesian
regulations and operational realities and combining these for best effect. The
skill will be in recognising both the similarities and differences and gently
guiding the process onward. There is a need for competent advice on all of the
client’s needs, and develop capacity to pass those skills on. Fostering this
capacity is critical for developing core and redundancy in skill sets, both
operational and strategic, and ultimately ensuring sustainability of the
Kemitraan (Partnership) together with UNEP
and Kishugu developed a project plan for the pilot implementation of
Klaster-based Integrated Fire Management in Ogan Komering Ilir Regency (South
Sumatera), Pelalawan Regency (Riau) and Pulang Pisau Regency (Central
Kalimantan), and at national level in managing multi-stakeholders collaboration
to improve policy and strategic actions to combat forest and land fire. To
oversee and coordinate the project management and implementation both at
national and sub-national level, the Project requires position of Project
- Assist Project Manager to leads project implementation of the project’s activity to objective and strategy of SIAP-Integrated Fire Management.
- Assist in preparing and implementing all the project related reports and work plan together with the Project Manager.
- Keep regular communications and coordinationswith, and seek regular advice from, Program Manager, the program Director, Deputy Cluster Manager and National Experts (Fire, Legal and Finance) to ensure strategic interventions and project implementation
- Assisting the Project Manager in daily operational work of the project and Report to Project Manager and Program Director about the progress of the project implementation.
- Ensure all administrative, procrument and financial task are done in time.
- Develop and maintain project records such as databases, report and records of decisions.
- Assisting Project Manager to develop communication and outreach product in national level.
- Prepare for all Term of References, such as workshop, meeting, ect.
- In Collaboration with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning unit, elaborates and assures that monitoring is conducted according to framework.
- Assisting of project manager to assures the indicators and obligation towards the Donor’s related to the projects are fulfilled.
Assist Project Manager to develop and
maintain proactive, positive and professional relationship with key government
officials at the national and local level, partner organization, CSOs, Donor
and National & International Media.
- Ensures that all project related administrative tasks are fulfilled
- Ensure Project compliance with Kemitraan’s policies and Procedurs.
- Prepares and supervises contractual matters related to the project (in cooperation with project, Finance and Admin Assistants, HR and Operational unit in Kemitraan).
The key results have an impact on the
successful and timely implementation of activities within designated project
documents. In particular, the key results have an achievement on the project
quality, project implementation appropriateness, and project reporting and
management oversight with regard to program of cluster.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling professional values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Partnership
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Sets clear performance goals and standards; executes responsibilities accordingly.
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others.
- Attention to derail, methodical, good timeline skills, good report writing.
- Able to work as part of a team and without direct daily supervision
- Patience and good conflict management skills
- People person and good communicator
- Humble in character and patient in listening to stakeholders is a must.
- Willing to develop a good teamwork with the Partnership staff.
Seeks and applies knowledge, information,
and best practices from within and outside the Partnership.
Plans and produces quality results to meet
- Contributes creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situations
- Strives for quality client-centered services (internal/external)
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates good negotiations skills
- Executes day-to-day tasks systematically & efficiently
- Uses Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource
- Is motivated & demonstrates a capacity to pursue personal development & learn
- Clear commitment to governance reform.
Minimum Bachelor (S1) degree in related
filed to forestry, agricultural, social sciences or related educational area
with a good knowledge on forestry and environment, peatland.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project planning, implementing and monitoring.
- Minimum 2 years of IFM operational exposure and experience.
- Experience and skill in facilitating multi-stakeholders forum, in pulling stakeholders such as key government agencies, civil society organizations, social-political figures, private companies and grassroots communities, etc.;
- Having deep knowledge and experiences in forest and land fire would be a big plus.
- Experiences in assisting report writing, project management and good skill on the use of ICT.
- Experiences work with BNPB, BPBD, Manggala Agni, Forestry and Military.
- Having deep knowledge on Fire Fighters , Fire Managers Handbook, Aerial Firefighting Handbook, NIMS / ICS Fire line Handbook, WoF BOPs and SOPs, Wildfire origin and cause – PMS412, Integrated Fire Management, relevant wildfire legislation and regulation (SA or equivalent with Indonesia to be provided) would be advantages.
- Experiences in forest and land fire would be a big plus.
- Experiences in using Microsoft Office
- Experience assisting in report writing, project management and good skill on the use of ICT.
- Having good knowledge regarding the current socio-political and economic conditions; forestry issues, landscape approach, forest and land fire; climate change, mitigate impact of fire on the landscape & economy; fire Management/wildfire management; fire-related disaster risk.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
To apply for this position please submit your CV
to apply no later than February 1st 2021. Please note, only
shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Tags : Bilik Karir