Suluh Insan Lestari: Language Surveyor/Facilitator (3 people) Ethnologue Project Indonesia
May 28, 2023 - June 16, 2023
We seek dynamic individuals for three teams: Census, Language Survey, and Community Participation. The positions range from highly academic to highly relational. You may spend much of your time asking difficult questions and helping communities with challenging changes. You may facilitate activities that help communities understand to make decisions about their future. You will write reports that communicate clearly and grab the interest of different audiences.
As a member of the census team and language survey team, you will uncover information and network to find informants in little-known languages across the country. As a member of the community participation team, you will travel to remote language communities and work closely to raise awareness about their language situation.
- Days in lieu will be provided for non-standard workdays.
- Suluh Insan Lestari offers a salary package with health benefits.
- An initial contract will be for 12 months.
- Suluh Insan Lestari covers costs associated with relocation.
- Contribute to a better cause.
- Opportunity to work with people from various backgrounds: USA, Canada, Malaysia, western Indonesia, and eastern Indonesia.
- Public Health Insurance (BPJS).
- Opportunity for wider networking with people.
- A highly motivated person.
- Balanced, adaptable, problem solver in many aspects in the team, office, field (community, government, institutions).
- Willing to work with all people, regardless of religion or denomination.
- A degree preferable in Linguistics/Psychology, but others are welcomed to apply.
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in the project/event organizer field or in student/ neighborhood organizations (fresh graduates are welcomed to apply).
- Learning spirit, high curiosity, analytic and critical thinking skills, independent, able to work under minimum supervision, physically fit, hard-working, taking initiative, responsible, able to work with a team, single is preferred for some positions (due to travel).
- Can take full responsibility in every action taken and made.
- Has proficiency in English speaking/understanding, with IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 550 (TOEFL/IELTS certificate is optional).
- Able to write academic reports.
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrated skills in networking.
- Has a strong interest in languages and linguistics or community development.
- Willing to work cross-culturally.
- Willing to serve the people group to be surveyed.
- Willing to travel for 2-3 weeks at a time on fieldwork depending on research goals.
How to Apply
Tags : Bilik Karir