THE ASIA FOUNDATION : ERAT – Youth Engagement Specialist
Position : Youth Engagement Specialist
Project Name : USAID ERAT (Tata Kelola PemERintahan yang Efektif, Efisien, dan KuAT)
Location : DKI Jakarta
Job Type & Duration of Contract: Full-time staff, initial contract for a year with potential extension
Closing Date : June 15,2022
The Asia Foundation (TAF) is awarded Indefinite Delivery Indefinity Quantity (IDIQ) contract by USAID to implement Tata Kelola PemERintahan yang Efektif, Efisien, dan KuAT Activity starting on January 19, 2021. The goal of ERAT is for the citizens of Indonesia to benefit from effective local government by increasing the quality of policy implementation and service delivery at the subnational level. The goal will be achieved through three interrelated intermediate results (IRs):
- Coherence between national and subnational policies strengthened.
- Performance of local service delivery enhanced; and
- Local budget allocation and execution improved.
ERAT’s Theory of Change is that if the linkages between policy, planning, performance, and budgeting are strengthened so that national and subnational policies are aligned and planning and budgeting are grounded in accurate performance data, then subnational governments will serve their citizens effectively and with accountability. The Theory of Change assumes that the Government of Indonesia (GOI) continues to support decentralization as a key principle of democratic governance, that stakeholders at all levels engage in ongoing reform efforts, and that citizens increasingly exercise their rights to demand responsive government and receive quality public services.
ERAT follows a ‘Refine and Implement’ approach through three components:
- Refine – this component includes conducting political economy analysis and co-design process to ensure that ERAT interventions are contextually grounded and responsive to reform opportunities
- Implement – this component focuses on technical assistance and capacity building at national and subnational levels to address needs identified in the Refine component
- Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) – this component requires ERAT to respond to USAID technical Office request to receive targeted technical assistance within the scope of ERAT to meet local governance-specific related needs
Roles and Responsibilities
The Youth Engagement Specialist will be responsible for engaging and consulting with young people and key stakeholders to ensure that ERAT activities include the youth and their perspectives. The Youth Engagement Specialist will develop and facilitate youth-oriented activities and initiatives as it relates to subnational governance and enhance opportunities for youth participation. The Youth Engagement Specialist will work closely with the ERAT program team to identify opportunities for vertical and horizontal youth engagement in local governance.
- Support the delivery and development of ERAT intervention and ensure youth engagement, linked to ERAT activities on complaint handling mechanism, public information transparency, stunting and extreme poverty reduction, child marriage, bureaucratic reform, and public services improvement.
- Establish and coordinate youth networks at the central, provincial, and district/city levels and provide communications support that will link youth leaders with ERAT-supported activities
- Promote youth participation in local government public planning and budgeting meetings and coach youth organizations to ensure their voices are heard
- Develop and maintain engagement with youth organizations in all ERAT supported areas and identify initiatives that could be aligned with ERAT’s Life-of-Activity Implementation Plans
- Provide high-quality policy analysis and analytical support as required that are specific to youth-related issues
- Work collaboratively with youth to develop creative activities that will enhance youth interest and participation in local governance
- Providing technical assistance and capacity building to ERAT partners/subcontractors and stakeholders on youth-related interventions
- Providing technical assistance to ERAT provincial team for the work plan implementation and liaising with the team responsible for stakeholders at the national level
- Contribute to ERAT progress reports and other deliverables
- Other activities as may be directed by the supervisor
As a cross-cutting theme, the Youth Engagement Specialist reports to the Deputy Activity Director but must work closely with the Senior Technical Team Leader
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, public policy, political science, law, communication, or other related fields
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in engaging with youth-oriented organizations and projects
- A minimum of three years of experience working in the area of sub-national governance or public sector reform. Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is a strong advantage.
- Proven management, organization, and communications skills in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
- High degree of integrity and adherence to ethical standards.
- Excellent written and verbal Bahasa Indonesia and English skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
HOW TO APPLY :
Applicants should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2022, at 05.00 pm Jakarta time. Please write “Youth Engagement Specialist” if you are interested to apply in the subject of the e-mail. The application should include (i) a cover letter, (ii) a CV, and a Statement of Qualifications that summarizes or highlights the applicant’s suitability for the position based on work experience, educational background, and other relevant information.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
THE ASIA FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
For more information click here
For more information click here
Tags : Bilik Karir