USAID SEGAR is seeking a fixed-term staff member for the position of District Coordinator for Sintang. The District Coordinator will play a crucial role in supporting the SEGAR Activity in Sintang district, West Kalimantan. Reporting line to Site , West Kalimantan. Code: SINTANG.
Strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advance biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use.
Increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
USAID SEGAR works in four regions with a total of twelve intervention districts:
- Aceh: Aceh Tamiang, Aceh Utara, Aceh Timur
- West Kalimantan: Ketapang, Kubu Raya, Sanggau, Sintang
- East Kalimantan: Berau, Kutai Timur, Mahakam Ulu
- Central Kalimantan: Seruyan, Kotawaringin Barat
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical inputs to support the involvement and mobilization of all levels of government, companies, business networks, financial institutions, CSOs, development partners, smallholders, and investors at the district level.
- Provide necessary technical and organizational and any other support to conduct workshops/seminars/meetings, assessment/study, and advocacy events.
- Support and coordinate district activities including meetings, workshops, launch/s, etc. and provide support in managing the relevant budgets.
- Plan and conduct monitoring, evaluation, learning, community mobilization, and capacity-building activities at the district level.
- Assist the Site Manager, Environmental Governance Specialist (EGS), Green Supply Chain Specialist (GSCS), and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Monitoring (MEL) Assistant of the West Kalimantan Team to facilitate all activities in strengthening biodiversity conservation, environmental governance, private sector and smallholders´ participation in green supply chains as well as strengthening village level environmental governance.
- Maintain an updated database of all training and community mobilization activities at the district level.
- Provide assistance in the documentation process, the evidence and deliverable item of ongoing activities, and preparation of Provincial reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Close and maintain communication, coordination, and collaboration with district stakeholders including local government, subcontractor, potential grantee, CSO, development partners, media, and other institutions in Sintang District.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in economics, forestry, or another field related to conservation, private sector engagement, and smallholder development.
- At least 5 years of experience working in biodiversity conservation or environmental governance or value chain and/or market development and related work.
- Extensive experience and established networks with local and national private sector actors involved in natural resource commodity supply chains applying environmental and social standards.
- Expertise in environmental and social standards for natural resource commodity supply chains and advising private sector actors in applying these standards.
- Experience in planning and executing community development programs and working in remote areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Proven track record working with community groups and preferably biodiversity conservation, social forestry, and independent palm oil smallholder.
- Proven ability to work with private sector actors, all levels of government, NGOs, and smallholder communities, building a mutual understanding of environmental and social best practices.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally, and in writing.
- Ability to travel on occasion domestically and regionally.
- Experience working with USG funding.
- Preferably having residential in USAID SEGAR project location, i.e., Sintang.
How to Apply
Please submit your application to SEGAR-Recruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “SINTANG – YourName”. The application will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and early recruitment may occur until the position is filled.
Tags : Bilik Karir